Merci Chere Maison*

Ask a nomad to spell home. Check with a wanderer how dearly the home is missed. Quiz a rover how it feels to return to the warmth of home. And thats what I did! Its been nomadic life since last 15 odd years. Any house, that we called our home for a distinct period of time in those years, is not just a place, but a feeling... a feeling of warmth, protection, care, love and comfort. This list is ever increasing, so is my gratitude towards all these homes.


Come evening, my little birdies return home tired but with oodles of stories. The walls of our lively home then sparkle up with the twinkle! The youngest one can be her best at relieving her urge to sing like an opera singer, here. And check with the elder one, for him, it is the home where the "wi-fi" connects automatically! Thankful to my home that it gives us our own space of sharing and creating the memories. Growing here is so much of fun! 

Late in the evening, the man of the house returns. Enter the threshold, and all his worries say good bye. Thanks to our rugged home that it doesn't let these unwanted guests beyond the main door. Many a times, he returns from the hectic "Discovery of India" tour. "Nothing like staying at home for the real comfort" is all that is on his mind. Thanks to our cosy home that he gets refreshed and all ready to take on the challenges, here!  

Come week end and the home is full of laughter, chuckle and frolic. Thanks to our lovely home, we can share the mindful space with our family and friends. Home turns into a bustling place where "meal and memories" are made. If not the family and friends then the four of us turn it into a theater, a play area, "India wants to know" debate room and what not! The vigor, the vibrancy of week ends is echoed by the walls of the home for a long while.  Thanks to our open handed home that welcomes the guests with equal fervour as that of us. 

The home offers me sanity and tranquility at the backdrop of outside mayhem. It gives me company when I am alone and acts as a sounding board. As Minion says, 'It allows me to look and feel ugly and still enjoy it!' Our home bounces to life when I am happy and it offers me a shoulder when I wish to shed a tear. How I wish I could give my home a bear hug and whisper "Merci Chere Maison".
                     ....Our home loves to have us too! 


-- § § § § § --
Merci Chere Maison (French) means Thank You Dear Home
All pics courtesy PixaBay

Linking this post to #Thankful Thursdays Challenge, hosted by Dr Amrita and Tina.
This week's prompt is "#ThankYouNote To Home"


Linking this post to #TwinklingTuesdays 

Comments

  1. Such true feelings for home Anangha. Yes it comes back to life we are happy and gives a shoulder when we feel sad. But in every situation the home is with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, with us always! Thanks Geethica for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful post. I like the format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pPratibha for kind words. Glad that you liked it.

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your post. That's how homes should be - where memories are built, where your mind is refreshed and where you let yourself go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Neha! You reflected my feelings so well! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I would love to hug my home too.I have been a nomad for 17 years now so I know what you are saying.
    Home is a feeling .
    Lovely having you write with us on #ThankfulThursdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amrita for paying visit. I read it in your post about your nomadic life! Felt instant connect there!

      Delete
  5. Home is where we make some of our best memories. The walls hear the laughter of our children. I'd like to give my home a hug too! Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa for paying me visit and sharing your thoughts. Its a pleasure to link with Twinging Tuesdays!

      Delete
  6. How true, our home misses us too. I still miss my mom's house, it has been sold off but it had so many memories. Thanks for linking up with #ThankfulThursday #hankYouNote contest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina for visiting and sharing a piece of memory!

      Delete

Post a Comment